Preparing The Surface:
- All surfaces must be clean and free from debris and remain dry for 6-12 hours before the application of STONE SPRAY N SEAL and remain dry for 24-48 hours after the application. 48 Hours provides the best protection.
- Floor surface temperature must be above 50 degrees F and
below 90 degrees F.
Smooth Polished or Smooth Honed Surfaces - Countertops, Floors, Vanities & Walls:
*Always test first in a small area for desired results before applying to entire surface.
If your surface has any topical waxes or stains, they must be removed before sealing.
- Surface should be dry for 6-12 hours before sealing.
- Clean countertop surface using Marbamist or Clean EnCounters. For stone floors, clean with Marbalex. (It is safe to lightly clean the stone before sealing.)
- Cover surrounding areas that are not intended to be sealed.
- Liberally spray the entire surface until it is wet, however do not saturate the stone. (Outer edges may dry quicker.)
- When surface begins to dry within 3-5 minutes, wet the surface again with the sealer. (This will allow the sealer to properly penetrate and cure.)
- After 30 minutes, wipe off excess sealer from the surface with a clean and dry white terry cloth towel.
- If excess dries on the surface, spray more sealer onto the surface and wipe off immediately with a clean dry terry cloth towel. If excess is thick on the surface wait one minute before wiping off. For large stone floors, excess can be buffed off with a clean white buffing pad or an all cloth bonnet pad.
Floor surfaces may be walked on 4 hours after application. For best curing results, keep surface dry for 24- 48 hours after application. 48 hours will provide best protection.
- Grout must be dry for 72 hours.
- Spray Sealer on to grout completely wetting the grout.
- Wipe off excess sealer with a white terry cloth towel, 3 minutes after application.
- Install the stone with the proper setting materials and follow procedures 1-7.
- Apply grout to the joints.
- Wipe off remaining residue with Marbalex or Marbamist.
- Seal sanded grout 72 hours after curing.
- General cleaning of floor surfaces use Marbalex.
- General cleaning of countertops, tabletops, vanities and walls use Marbamist or Clean Encounters.
- Always test a small area before using to determine if the product is applicable.
- All stains, moisture, and dirt must be removed prior to the sealer application and must remain dry 24-48 hours after application.
- The surface must be completely dry before applying to the surface.
- Allow four hours after the application before walking on the surface.
Approximate Sq. Ft. Gallon (3.785 Liters) Coverage:
- Polished Marble 2,800
- Flamed Granite 800
- Slate 1,800
- Limestone 800
- Terra Cotta 1,100
- Polished Granite 2,500
- Agglomerates 4,200
- Mexican Pavers 700